Brought to you by Buy West Eat Best
I’m a proud West Aussie and passionate about buying local produce and supporting local growers.
When I was growing up, my grandparents had a hobby farm in the Swan Valley.
We had so much fun feeding the chickens, collecting eggs and picking zucchinis, tomatoes, strawberries and passionfruit from the fruit and veggie patch.
I grew up with a real appreciation for fresh food.
Now I have a family of my own, one of my favourite things to do is find places that have beautiful, locally sourced food.
One of our favourite spots over the last few years has been Houghton Winery Cafe.
Set in a beautiful green, leafy vineyard – the food and service is excellent and my kids love running around on the grass.
Houghton Winery Cafe is just one of the many restaurants taking part in Plating Up WA this June.
For $58 you can enjoy a shared ploughmans platter with a bottle of small batch pinot grigio – one of my favourite drops!
Head to the Plating up WA website to book!
Other participating restaurants and venues throughout WA are:
• The Cheese Barrel (Swan Valley region)
• Jus Burgers (Leederville and Subiaco)
• Young George (Fremantle)
• Sweetlips (Leederville, Scarborough, Fremantle)
• Laundry 43 (South West region, Busselton)
• Wills Domain (South West region, Margaret River)
• Must (Mt Lawley)
• Manuka Woodfire Kitchen (Fremantle)
• The Shoe (Yagan Square, Perth)
• Redmanna (Peel region, Mandurah)
• Houghtons (Swan Valley region)
• Pepper and Salt (Great Southern region, Denmark)
• Tall Timbers (Southern Forests region, Manjimup)
• The Old Brewery (Crawley)
• Bluewater Grill (Applecross)
• Indiana Teahouse (Cottesloe)
• Frasers (Kings Park, Perth)
• Sunsets Café (Gascoyne region, Carnarvon)
• Rockpool Perth (Crown, Burswood)
Head to the Plating Up WA website to find a participating restaurant or cafe near you.
A x x x x
What do you love about WA produce?