Brought to you by Westfield Carousel
Let’s be honest – shopping with kids can be stressful.
I’ve had my fair share of moments while shopping with the girls, including one where Ava was little and ran out of a shop dressed in only her nappy.
This festive season, I’ve joined forces with Westfield Carousel to create a survival guide for shopping with kids, to make your festive shopping experience as fun and stress free as possible!
- Plan Ahead: I’ll always write a list, and plan my shopping trip. If I’m after specific items, I’ll call the store ahead of time and put them on hold so they are waiting for me. You can find a full list of Westfield Carousel stores here.
- Manage Expectations: I always tell my girls what we have to do, how I’d like them to behave and what will happen if they behave nicely.
- Reward Good Behaviour: If my girls behave themselves, I’ll buy them a small treat or let them have a go on one of the rides – but only at the end of the trip.
- Snacks: I’ll always have some healthy snacks like popcorn, pretzels, crackers and water on hand to keep the girls tummies happy.
- Have A Break: I’ll break the shopping trip up with a fun activity like colouring in or a visit to the playground like the one at Westfield Carousel.
- Entertainment: It makes life so much easier if your kids are happy and entertained. We’ll sing Christmas songs or make up fun games. I’m not afraid to take the iPad shopping with me to keep the girls entertained too!
Happy Christmas shopping lovelies!
A x x x x
How do you keep your kids happy while shopping?
What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you while shopping with your kids?0