I really enjoy baking, especially when a recipe is super easy it means my girls can join in on the fun!
I found this recipe on one of my favourite websites, Cooking for Busy Mums – check it out for loads of great recipes.
These freckle cookies were a big hit with Ava’s classmates at her Sports Day, and would be perfect for birthday parties, school lunch boxes or as a yummy after school treat!
100gm Butter, softened
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 Cup Plain Flour
24 Chocolate Freckles
1. In a medium bowl place the softened butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Using electric beaters or a stand mixer cream together.
2. Add the egg and continue to beat until well combined.
3. Add the flour and mix until a dough forms.
4. Take tablespoon size amounts, roll into a ball, and then flatten with two fingers. Repeat until all the dough is used.
5. Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
6. Remove from the oven and then gently press a freckle into each biscuit. Allow to cool before removing from the tray.
The chocolate freckles will soften as they melt a little to stick to the biscuit. Don’t worry as they will harden again. Don’t transfer to a cookie jar until the chocolate freckle hardens.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
You can easily double the ingredients to make a larger batch.
A x x x
What do you love to bake with your kids?
What’s your favourite go to recipe?9