Ooh la la! How I do love anything French.
My girls and I made this cake over the weekend using the recipe from my current favourite parenting book ‘Bringing Up Bébé‘ (also called ‘French Children Don’t Throw Food). The recipe is really easy to follow as you simply use the empty yoghurt container to measure all of the ingredients, then you can add anything from berries to choc chips. YUM!
A few of my Insta friends asked me to post this recipe – so here it is! Enjoy!
Note: Use the empty yoghurt container to measure all of the ingredients where it says ‘container’
2 x 175g Natural Yoghurt container
1 container of sugar (You could try coconut sugar instead. The recipe calls for 2 containers, but I only used 1)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Just under 1 container organic coconut oil (you can use vegetable oil)
4 containers plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2) Use oil to grease a 9 inch round cake pan or a loaf pan
3) Gently combine yoghurt, eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil
4) In a separate bowl combine the flour and baking powder
5) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix gently until combined (don’t over mix)
6) You can add two containers or berries, choc chips, coconut or anything you like
7) Bake for 35 minutes, then five minutes more if the cake doesn’t pass the knife test
The cake should be almost crispy on the outside, but springy on the inside.
A x x x x
What do you enjoy baking with your children?
What else would you like to see on the blog?0