YUM! I recently made this honey and sesame roasted pumpkin salad and it was delish, my hubby loved it. You can prepare the pumpkin ahead of time then all you have to do at dinner time is assemble and serve. We’ve recently been eating lots of the superfood quinoa in our house, it’s really light and has a slightly nutty flavour and is packed full of goodness.
This would also work really well served on a large platter for a barbecue or as a side dish for a dinner party.
Small packet of baby spinach and rocket
Small packet of quinoa cooked according to instructions (I sometimes use the Sunrice Rice and Quinoa. Shhhh!)
1 small tin of beetroot wedges (or you can roast your own)
1 packet of feta (I use Dodoni)
1 medium sized piece of pumpkin (I use Kent)
1) Pre heat oven to a moderate temperature (180 degrees). Peel and chop pumpkin into bite sized pieces. Pop into a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until a light golden brown.
2) Meanwhile prepare the base of the salad by mixing the spinach and rocket with the quinoa.
3) Add drained beetroot wedges and sliced avocado.
4) After allowing the pumpkin to cool slightly, add to the salad then crumble about 1/4 of the packet of feta over the top.
5) Mix a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with a few teaspoons of balsamic (I never measure, only ever freestyle). I usually pop in a small empty jar, secure the lid then shake shake shake!
6) Drizzle the dressing over the top, smile and serve!
A x x x x
What are your favourite salad recipes?
Are you a quinoa fan too? What do you eat it with?0