Since having my girls my hair has become naturally curly and frizzy (has this happened to anyone else?) and is really tricky to blow dry myself, so most days I put my hair up in an effortless topknot which takes two minutes flat. Like most mums, I have a very small window to get ready in the mornings so I like to keep things as simple as possible. I pop Chloe in a high chair with a few toys, put ABC Kids on and from there it’s the ‘Daily Amazing Race’ to look presentable.
I’ve had quite a few people ask me to do a topknot tutorial recently, so this one’s for you!
All you need is: Two elastic bands, a hair brush and hairspray.
1) High Pony! Brush your hair into a sleek, high pony and secure with an elastic band.
2) Twirl Girls! Loosely twirl your hair and pull it around the base of the pony as you twirl.
3) Tuck It In! Wrap the ends of your hair around the pony and tuck it in, if you have lots of hair, or very long hair you might want to use a few bobby pins at this stage.
4) Security! Secure your topknot with another elastic band, holding the topknot with one hand as you do.
5) Fight The Frizz! Smooth out any frizzy bits with your brush and hairspray. If your topknot is too tight, pull it out a little until it looks just right.
Happy top knotting lovelies!
A x x x x
What’s your go to hairstyle when you have no time?
What else would you like to see on the blog? Make Up Tips? Beauty Products? Fashion? Recipes?
Let me know! x x0