When I spotted this black lace slip dress, I knew it would work perfectly for me for a special awards night my hubby hosted over the weekend.
With the help of Me Style by Maurice Meade who created my side swept Hollywood waves and smokey eyes with a few extra lashes for some added glam factor, I was ready to go!
SHOP THE LOOK
Witchery Lace Slip Dress Similar here
Tony Bianco Heels Similar Here
I’m definitely no expert when it comes to dressing for special events, but I have learnt a LOT from my many fashion faux pas over the years. These are just a few of the best tips and tricks I’ve learnt along the way.
- ALWAYS wear shape wear or Spanx, even my slimmest friends do. It pulls everything in and clothes just look and fit better.
- Don’t overdo it with hair and make up! If you’re unsure, less is more.
- Make sure your dress fits well. There’s nothing more uncomfortable than pulling your dress up or down all night.
- Do your research, find photos of looks you love, from dresses to hair styles and make up looks.
- If time and budget don’t allow your hair and make up to be professionally done, brush up on make up techniques on Youtube.
- A few false lashes applied in the corner of your eyes really opens them up and adds some WOW factor! I use Wasp designer lashes.
Happy dressing up ladies!
A x x x x
What are your best tips and tricks for preparing for a special event?
What was the last special event you went to? What did you wear?0