I’m always on the lookout for fabulous make up that’s going to magically transform me from a sleep deprived Mumma with dark circles and under eye baggage into a gorgeous, glowing goddess with perfectly peachy-pink cheeks and luscious lips. (You can stop laughing now!). This past week has really kicked my butt when it comes to lack of sleep and I need all the help I can get, so I’ve rounded up my fave go to make up products that help me feel and look the best I can be.
1) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector $66 I’ve only started to using this recently and I LOVE it! It’s a moisturiser and SPF 20 all in one that provides a gorgeous glowy shimmer which is perfect for tired and dull skin. If I’ve had a rough night, this instantly picks me up and makes my skin look fresh. It’s 8 hours sleep in a bottle for your skin!
2) Nars Rue Bonaparte Eyeliner $38 This flesh coloured eyeliner is perfect for tired and squinty eyes. You apply it to the inner rim of your eyes and BAM! just like that your eyes look bigger and brighter.
3) Alison Jade Mineral Gemstone Powder $65 This is the best blush I’ve ever used, hands down. This should be handed to all new mums with a card that reads ‘Good luck’ and a coffee machine. Every morning when I pop this onto my cheeks I immediately feel more awake, fresh and happy. If you add one new item to your Summer make up bag, make it this one.
4) Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids in Pink Pop $16.95 Oh how I love my bright lipstick! I feel totally transformed once I’ve got my pink lips on, and this is one of my absolute faves.
5) Maybelline Lip Colour Fuchsia Fever $8.47 This is my other favourite lipstick. I’ve tried corals and reds, but pink is my colour baby and this one rocks.
6) Mac Eyeshadow in Phloof! $33 I’ve used this eyeshadow for years now, it’s the perfect pale pink, fleshy coloured eyeshadow that’s ideal for sweeping across the entire eyelid and underneath the brow for a slight shimmer. I also apply a little ‘v’ to the inner corner of my eyes to help my eyes look fresher and more awake.
7) Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Lip Balm $12.95 This is a gorgeous, silky lip balm that’s perfect for popping on during the day to keep your lips looking and feeling pretty. I have it in Haute Pink Twist.
8) Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara $24.95 I’m still searching for that ever elusive perfect mascara, but this one separates and lengthens my lashes really well, opening my eyes up to make them look more awake and I couldn’t leave the house without it!
Happy make up shopping lovelies!
A x x x
What are your favourite make up finds?
What make up instantly makes you feel more awake and alive?0