I made these delicious pikelets for breakfast yesterday morning and popped a photo up on Instagram and Facebook. Some of my readers have asked for the recipe – so here it is! These pikelets are super healthy and yummy, you can make a batch and pop some in the freezer to take out for snacks during the week. The recipe is from the fantastic book Babytastes, if you have a baby on the way – or already have one, do yourself a favour and get yourself a copy of this book. It’s full of delicious and nutritious recipes for your baby and the whole family.
Ingredients – Makes 8 large pikelets
1 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 tspn bicard soda
1/4 cup milk (I add slightly more)
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1) Sift flour and bicarb soda into a bowl
2) Add milk and mix until batter is smooth
3) Mix in mashed banana, adding more milk to make batter thinner
4) Carefully fold in blueberries
5) Heat non stick frying pan
6) Place heaped tablespoon of batter onto frypan, press down to spread out
7) Turn over when pikelet starts to bubble, and cook on the other side until golden
8) Serve warm or cold, with banana, blueberries or maple syrup and Greek yoghurt
Do you have a favourite breakfast recipe?
What do you enjoy as a healthy snack?