These muffins are seriously delicious. I made a batch for the first time yesterday for my ‘Five Days : Five New Recipes‘ challenge and they are so yummy and moist. My daughter had one fresh out of the oven and I could hear her going ‘Mmmmm-mmmmm’ while she was eating it. The recipe was given to me by Amy York on my Facebook page, thank you so much to Amy for sharing her muffin recipe with us!
125g margarine or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup milk (use buttermilk, coconut cream or sour cream for a moister muffin)
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional – but highly recommended!)
Philadelphia cream cheese frosting with a hint of lemon
2 tbspn chopped walnuts for decoration
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2) Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases
3) Cream butter and sugar, add mashed banana, vanilla, milk and eggs. Stir to combine
4) Sift in self raising flour and add coconut, cinnamon and walnuts. Fold very gently until just combined.
5) Place tablespoons in paper cases and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
6) Turn out onto a wire rack to cool
6) Once cooled, ice with Philadelphia cream cheese frosting with a hint of lemon and garnish with some chopped walnuts.
What new recipe are you going to try this week for the ‘Five Days : Five New Recipes’ challenge ?0