This is my first new recipe for my ‘Five Days : Five New Recipes’ challenge. It’s from the fantastic ‘Toddlertastes‘ book which is full of yummy, healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack recipes, fun play ideas and also has very handy nutritional information for each recipe. If you have a toddler, then do yourself a big favour and get your hands on a copy of this book.
400g spinach, washed
2 tbspn parmesan cheese
2 tbspn chives, finely chopped
8 small mushrooms
8 cherry tomatoes
1) Heat oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
2) Cook spinach in a dry non stick frying pan over high heat until wilted, remove from pan, squeeze out excess juice and roughly chop. Set aside.
3) Cut 8 pieces of of baking paper into squares, size to fit a muffin pan with paper hanging over the sides.
4) Beat eggs with milk, cheese and chives
5) Place chopped spinach and mushrooms into the base of the muffin tin, pour over egg mixture and top with cherry tomato halves
6) Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until just set.
7) Top with a little extra grated cheese
(I also sprinkled a tiny bit of nutmeg on top before cooking – yummy!)
These are delicious not just for your toddler but for the whole family. My hubby had a couple for lunch with a spinach salad or you could pop a couple in a lunchbox with a salad for work.
You could even make mini versions of these as canapés for a cocktail party or high tea.
What new recipe are you going to try this week?0