My approach in the kitchen is to create meals that are quick, healthy and delicious.
If I can make a meal in one pot – even better as I’m not a massive fan of washing up loads of pots and pans, especially when I make two evening meals – one for my girls and another for my hubby when he gets home around 7pm.
I was delighted when I made this super fast and fresh fish and veggie curry in under 15 minutes and it was SO delish!
My hubby said it was the perfect amount of heat and flavour, and I was amazed at just how fresh and fragrant it was for a dish that was whipped up so quickly.
This recipe is an adaption of Teresa Cutters Detox Veggie Curry.
I love her recipes for inspiration for really healthy, delicious and nutritious food.
The veggies have minimal cooking time, so are still really fresh (I like them with a bit of crunch) and packed full of goodness and flavour and the fish is very mild and melt in your mouth.
500ml Lite Coconut Milk
3 tablespoons of a good red curry paste
100 ml Vegetable stock (I used a Massel veggie stock cube with hot water)
450 grams assorted seasonal veggies. I used snow peas, broccoli, baby corn and carrots
4 shitake mushrooms sliced (you could use normal mushrooms)
300 grams white chopped fish fillet
Brown Rice and Quinoa
1 fresh lime (this is what brings it all together – so don’t forget!)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine the coconut milk, vegetable stock and water in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer
2) Add the red curry paste
3) Simmer for around 3- 5 minutes
4) Add veggies, mushrooms and fish and simmer for another 5 minutes – add salt and pepper to taste
5) Meanwhile, cook the brown rice and quinoa
6) Serve the fish, veggies and sauce over the brown rice and quinoa and add a generous squeeze of fresh lime
A x x x x x
What’s your favourite 15 minute meal?
What’s your favourite curry recipe?0