I’m always fascinated by successful people.
What is it that gives them the edge and motivation in their chosen fields?
Determination. Resilience in the face of set backs. Having a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
And undoubtedly hard work.
My hubby is one of the hardest working people I know; with a career at Channel 7 spanning 20 years, along with successful radio and AFL commentary roles.
I learn something from my him every day.
If he wasn’t a radio and TV presenter, he would have been a fantastic diplomat, politician or lawyer.
He’s incredibly funny, charming, clever, gracious, kind and he always seems to have a logical answer for everything.
He’s been my voice of reason for as long as I’ve known him and he is one of the most truly amazing people I’ve ever met.
It’s just one of the many reasons I married him.
Our Wedding Day – September 2009, Kastellorizo Greece
November 2014 – Perth
Valentines Day 2015 – Perth
Today, he’s sharing some of his life lessons with us.
1. There’s no disgrace in trying but not succeeding. The disgrace is in not trying at all.
2. Have goals, but don’t be obsessed by them. Make being as good as you can possibly be today your aim, then all your other goals will take care of themselves.
3. Smile, be happy, be nice to people – everybody enjoys the company of happy people.
4. Try and do one thing each day you really don’t like doing or have been putting off, see how good it feels to get it done.
5. You never meet anyone staying at home. In other words; if you’re looking for something or someone, go and find it. It’s unlikely it’s going to come to you.
What lessons have you learnt in life?
What’s the best life advice you’ve ever been given?0