I love making loaf cakes as they are so easy to whip up, don’t need to be iced and go down a treat with a cup of tea. In a world where just about everything is mass produced, it’s so lovely to make something from scratch and fill your home with the smell of yummy baking. I make this delicious moist banana bread whenever I have a couple of overripe bananas, or have a craving for it! Tip: If you do have overripe bananas, peel and chop them, place them in a plastic container and pop them in the freezer – that way you have them on hand whenever you want to make banana bread or a healthy smoothie. Too easy!
4 tbspn butter
1 cup caster sugar
3 very ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 tspn bicarb soda
1 tbspn milk
1 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1) Cream softened butter and sugar together
2) Mix in beaten eggs, mashed bananas and self raising flour
3) In a separate bowl, mix bicarb soda, milk and vanilla essence – add to the mixture
4) Mix well and pour into a well greased loaf tin
5) Bake in a 180 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes
6) Loaf is ready when a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
6) Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack
Enjoy with a smear of butter and a cup of tea!
What do you love to bake?
What do you enjoy with a cup of tea?0