After looking at healthy and yummy breakfast options last week, Louise from Baby Steps PT is giving us some great ideas for a nutritious lunch, because we can all treat our bodies with a bit more love!
Louise is a fully qualified personal trainer and owner of Baby Steps PT . She is also mum to cheeky Charlie, almost 2. Louise is passionate about fitness, health and nutrition and is going to share some great healthy meal ideas with us over a four part series. Thanks Louise!
Whether you work in an office, from home or are a stay at home mum – it can be easy to let a busy morning turn into a busy afternoon and before you know, it’s 3pm and you still haven’t had lunch. That’s when it’s all too easy to reach for something unhealthy. Wherever possible, it’s a good idea to plan what you’re going to eat for lunch at the beginning of the week. You can take a supply of tuna, baby spinach, tinned baby beetroot, avocados, tomatoes and mountain bread or Corn Thins into work at the beginning of the week, or whip up a salad the night before to have for lunch the next day.
Here are just a few delicious ideas to get you back on the healthy eating track!
1) Mountain bread wrap with tuna, ham, chicken or turkey and salad
2) Tuna and boiled eggs with spinach, tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber and avocado with balsamic dressing
3) Vita-Weet Soy & Linseed crackers – with tuna/ricotta cheese or cottage cheese/chicken, avocado and salad
4) Grilled Chicken & Brown rice – Sunrice 45 sec rice cup, add capsicum, steamed broccoli, green beans and 2 tsps of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce
5) Tinned bean mix, chopped fresh spinach, tuna, tomato, and crumbled low fat feta cheese with a balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing
6) Corn thins with avocado, tomato and cracked black pepper – super quick, healthy and yummy! This is a great one for the office as Corn Thins last for weeks in their packet, and all you have to do is keep a few fresh tomatoes and avocados in the fridge
Don’t forget to stay well hydrated by drinking lots of water, fill up a large bottle or jug and keep it on your desk or in the fridge – add some lemon or orange slices for extra flavour.
Happy healthy eating!!
What are your favourite healthy lunch ideas?0