The arrival of mangoes in the supermarket means I can start making my favourite delicious summertime salad – warm chicken with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, feta and cashews with a sweet chilli, lemon and soy sauce. I love this super healthy and yummy salad, it’s so fresh and full of flavour. I would love to take credit for creating this dish, but that goes to my gorgeous friend Louise from Baby Steps PT. Thanks for sharing yet another fantastic recipe with us Louise!
400 grams chicken breast or tenderloin
120 g baby spinach and rocket
Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1 lebanese cucumber
4 button mushrooms
1 medium avocado
Handful cherry tomatoes
1 medium mango
Handful of cashew nuts
Sweet chilli sauce
1) Mix the spinach and rocket and finely chopped mint, arrange onto two plates
2) Chop tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber and avocado and add to the two plates
3) Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, then cook in a non stick pan – adding 2tbspn soy sauce, 3 tbspn sweet chilli sauce and the juice of half a lemon
4) Cut mango into strips, set to the side
5) Once the chicken has cooked, take off the heat and let cool for a few minutes
6) Place the chicken on top of the salads, adding the sauce from the pan and an extra squeeze of lemon
7) Add strips of mango on top of the chicken, crumble some feta over the salad and add some cashews
Enjoy this delicious Summertime salad.
What’s your favourite Summertime recipe?
What fruit and veg do you look forward to seeing in the supermarkets with the return of Summer?0