I recently put my virtual hand up on Twitter to compile a holiday capsule packing list, and then I realised there was one tiny problem. I am the worst packer in the world. Seriously. What was I thinking?
Not wanting to shy away from the self imposed challenge, however, I decided to consult the people I know who are amazing packers, do a little research and have a good long hard look at my packing self and decide where it is I usually go wrong, and what I can do to prevent chronic overpacking from happening in the future. This is what I came up with;
- 3 bikinis (or as many as you want really, they don’t take up much room!)
- 2 sarongs
- 3 pairs of shorts or jeans / pants – denim / stone / black
- 5 t-shirts / tops / singlets
- 2 day time dresses / kaftans
- 2 evening dresses
- Thongs / shoes for daytime sightseeing & shopping
- Jewelled sandals for evening
- Wedges for evening
- Fun accessories – jewellery, scarves
What’s on your ultimate holiday packing list?
What are your tips for smart packing?0